Sunday, August 17, 2008

First real blog


Due to popular demand... I'm finally giving this blog thing a try. And hopefully it will be a little more exciting than our first posting! :) Ok so my new adventure this last week (as you can see from the picture...don't worry, I'm not as scary and psycho as I look) was learning to scuba dive. What a trip!! It's so weird being able to breath under water like that. I did my last certification dive out at Anacapa Island. It was so awesome! I totally recommend it. Bryan didn't get to go on this dive with me cuz he had to work so he had to dive in murky water with bad visibility. So no good pictures of him. :( But anyway, Bryan's uncle is a dive instructor and he came out here to certify us. So if anyone is interested in getting certified in the future, I know a guy!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

How fun! That is a great picture.

Steve and Janelle said...

That's awesome! You couldn't pay me to do that...I am too big of a wimp.

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Shandie! I am so excited you have a blog. I have been meaning to call or email, especially since I heard you were in Utah a few weeks ago. Sorry we missed you. Now we can stay pretty updated.

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Oh! I forgot to mention I love the pic of you. I would love to learn to scuba dive, but I would be afraid of seeing a shark.

S.Miles said...

I am so glad I came across your blog. It feels like forever since we've seen eachother and we have no excuses!! Keep it up- I wanna hear more!

Lori said...

Woo-hoo. You got your blog going! I've always wanted to scuba dive--until I start thinking about sharks, then I freak out.

Liz Rose said...

Wow--you are brave!!! I've done "snuba" in Hawaii--half snorkeling, half scuba---but I don't know if I could strap a heavy tank on my back and jump into the ocean. Yikes!!