Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another new adventure...

Well, we've got another new adventure coming up, but this one is way different than we've ever done... We are going to... HAVE A BABY!!! It's so crazy, but we're so excited! I just found out 2 weeks ago as a huge surprise. I was at a doctor's visit to figure out why I've been having such irregular menstrual cycles. And keep in mind I had already taken 4 pregnancy tests that all came back negative. The doctor wanted me to do one more pregnancy test just to make sure, and sure enough it came back positive! It was so crazy! So I took a blood test and it came back saying I'm between 6 and 8 weeks along. I went back last week to have my first ultrasound and get a due date and it turns out I was 10 weeks along already and my due date is May 20th! It's so awesome! I had no idea I was pregnant and have been very blessed to not have any sickness (knock on wood) or anything. Just a little tiredness in the afternoons is all. I'm so nervous! I don't think I know how to be a mommy! Oh well, I better learn quick cuz I only have 7 months or less! So anyway, that's our new adventure! Craziness!!!

18 comments:

Michelle, Cory, Dominik, Cade, Damian and Anielle said...

I'm SO excited for you!!! You'll be a great Mom, I don't know what you're talking about. It's so much fun being a mom. I'm anxious to see what you're having. By the way, that's an answer to your post below. When you're pregnant and after you've had a baby, or babies, it's easy to pee your pants. CONGRATS!!!

Pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for the both of you! You will be awesome parents:)

Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wasn't the first ten weeks easy? Don't worry--you guys will be great parents!

Brian said...

I knew my coaching would help.

Losee's said...

Yay! Congrats!! We are very excited for you!

Kaycee said...

Yea for babies! Congratulations!

Lovio Fam said...

Oh please, you two are already sudo parents to Sydney and you rock it. She is more excited to see you Shand then she is to see me half the time! :) xoxo

Kelly said...

I agree, you will be great parents! Rhett loves for you to hold him Shand, he just relaxes and chills! You have a great touch already!!
We couldn't be more excited for you! Can't wait to find out what you are having. :)

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Shand we are so excited for you!!!Congratulations. Let us know if you will be making it our way during the holidays. It would be great to see you.

Jo said...

So Exciting!!!

lexie said...

Congrats! You will love being a mom! Just remember that it is ok to say yes to things that you might not want to! You got to let them live a little!

Liz Rose said...

I just think its the coolest thing that you were 10 weeks when you found out!!! That is like the best possible start to a pregnancy ever!!!!
Congratulations again!!!

AJsGirls said...

My kid is almost 3, another is only a month away and I honestly still don't know what I'm doing! I just roll with it everyday, somehow we are all still alive. I am so excited for the both of you.

There is nothing in the world like Mommy-hood.

April McEvoy said...

I still can't believe you are prego!! I am so excited for Jaren to have a little buddy. Being a new mom has been HARD but i wouldn't trade it for anything! Good Luck and hope you stay feeling well!

MaryAnn said...

Congrats! That might be a contributor to the last post. I know when I was preggo I had many a day where I had to change my clothes because I sneezed.

McKenna Gordon said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy. You'll be awesome parents... you DO know how to be a mommy. It just magically kicks in the day you look into your babe's twinkling eyes and realize they're helpless without you. Read all the baby books and freak yourself out getting everything ready and then as soon asyour baby comes, all the what to expect the first year, etc. goes right out the window. LOL.... but STILL read them because they'll make you feel better while you're waiting. haha! I'm so excited for you.... love you!

Sandi said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! You will love being a mom.

Kaye said...

We had no idea....congratulations. Let me know when you figure out the parenting thing....I am still clueless!