Monday, November 30, 2009

My long lost blog

Ahhh, my long lost blog. Where have you been? What have you been up to? Absolutely nothing? Yeah I thought so. You'd think that after I have a kid I would blog like crazy, but no, not me. I've completely forgotten about this thing! But thank you Liz for reminding me that I really need to update, since my kid is already 6 months old and I haven't blogged once since he's been born. So much has happened that I don't even know where to start, so maybe I'll just do a brief rundown of some things that we've been doing, for journaling purposes, and do a slideshow of pics. Then maybe I'll be better at updating in the future... yeah right!! :)

Well, I had Dylan on May 27th, and of course we didn't do much until he was about 6 weeks old. We had his blessing at home, which was awesome! It was a really cool experience and Bryan gave him a beautiful blessing. For the 4th of July we went up to Santa Barbara and watched fireworks on the beach. We bundled Dylan up and made sure we covered his little ears and cuddled him close so the sound wouldn't be too loud for him. It was a lot of fun... but tons of people! Dylan has been to the beach about 6 times or so already! It was fun going with the girls in the summer a few times and with family and friends that visited us. We love the beach! A couple of weeks ago we went up to Avila (sp?) Beach and Pismo and had Dylan walk in the sand. He was such a happy little guy! Let's see, what else??? ... Oh yeah, we also went camping up by Lake Cachuma for a weekend. It was kinda fun, but it was really hot and there were TONS of flies, so it made it kinda miserable. Next time we take Dylan camping it will be at a better place. :) It was a little rough, but he was a trooper. For Halloween, Bryan and I didn't dress up, but Dylan was a white tiger. He looked so cute!! We didn't do a whole lot though, just went to the trunk or treat for a little while, but at least we got some pictures. Dylan went to his first concert about a month ago... Kings of Narnia!!! It was an acoustic concert so it wasn't too loud for him. For those who don't know, Kings of Narnia is a local band with some young men from our ward in it. Go KON! :) A couple weeks ago, Bryan and I went to a Clippers game with Randy and Kelly and Danny and Steph. We left Dylan with a babysitter for the first time (besides my parents). He cried the whole night!!! I felt so bad! But hopefully he got that out of his system and will be better next time. For Thanksgiving we layed low this year. It was just our little family. Dylan was asleep when it was time to eat, so Bryan and I were able to enjoy a turkey dinner with just us. It was actually really nice to relax and take it easy, especially since Bryan has been working his butt off every day for the last 2 weeks, working on his parents house, trying to get it ready to rent. He definitely needed the break. Dylan has been so great! He really is a good baby. I can't complain at all. He just recently started eating baby food, so that's a new and fun adventure. And he is so much fun right now! He laughs a lot and is starting to have such a cute personality. His smile is very contageous. I love it!! He makes us smile everyday. He is such a blessing in our lives. I'm so greatful for him, and for such an amazing husband who is awesome with Dylan and is so good to me. I am very happy with my life! It's definitely not always easy, but sooooo worth it! Well, that's about it for now... until next time, whenever that may be. :)



9 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute! I love that boy! He makes me smile too:) Love the slide show and your blog update...that boy has done alot for only being 6 months old! Even attending his first concert..hee hee

Lovio Fam said...

Oh I cannot stand it, he is too cute! I love the bath picture! Nothing like chubby, nakey babies! :)

Kaycee said...

YEA! So glad you updated.... that baby boy is a doll! I can tell you are having fun being a mom! Good for you! You sound so happy, too. That so great!! :)

McKenna Gordon said...

Haha! What a darling little laugh! That just made my night.

AJsGirls said...

YEA! So glad you updated. You're a wonderful Mother, it suits you quite well.

Melissa said...

He is so darling and happy! I love the turkey bib.

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

So glad you are back and blogging! Ive missed you! I love the pictures and the video. So very cute! Blog more!

Autumn and Doug Smith said...

Yea! I am so glad you updated it is so fun to see all the pictures. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

April McEvoy said...

guess i am behind too... i haven't looked at your blog forever. He is getting so big! what a cute kid :) miss you guys!